Instagram currently allows you to add clickable links to bio and stories, which is an actionable way to attract more traffic to your channels — website, blog, other social media, podcasts, YouTube channel, and any other platforms of choice. Considering that we've already covered how to add a link to an Instagram story, now it's time to figure out how to do the same with your bio.
Here we're also revealing how to add multiple bio links and ways to shorten them.
Why Do I Need a Link in Bio on Instagram?
The answer depends on your social media marketing goals, Instagram marketing objectives included.
If you have a Creator or Business account, which you try to promote, a link in your bio might be a nice add-on to drive traffic from Instagram to your other platforms.
Besides, some Instagram users still add a link to their post captions, but this is a dead end: links in captions aren't clickable, so instead of adding them to the caption, they should add them to either bio or stories. If you're one of them, consider changing the strategy.
Instagram bio is also the first thing people see when visiting your profile, so a well-equipped link there is an excellent way to attract people's attention and capture more leads.
How to Add a Link to Instagram Bio Right on Instagram
To add a clickable link to your Instagram bio, do the following:
- Open your Instagram mobile app.
- Visit your profile by tapping the person icon on the bottom right.
- Tap Edit Profile at the top of the screen.
- Add a brief link to your website in the form of yourdomain.com in the Links field.
- Press +Add external link. Note that you can add up to two links natively on Instagram.
6. Type in the URL and the title.
7. Tap Done to save your bio.
How to Add a Link to Instagram Bio with Combin Scheduler
Since Instagram doesn’t let its users add clickable links in captions, you can add a custom link in your bio right when planning your next post or even story using Combin Scheduler.
With this feature, you don’t need to waste your time on adding the required link manually after the publication. Just type the link in the field under your caption, and it will appear in your Instagram bio automatically. Manual changing the link in bio each time when you want to lead the traffic to one specific page may irk, so this function will assist you.
To do so, open free Combin Scheduler, tap on the Posts, Stories, or Repost tab and start the planning process. Select an image, choose a location, set date and time, write an engaging caption with a CTA and add a link to the landing page.
How to Add Multiple Links to Instagram Bio
Linktree is a working option if you need to add unlimited links in your bio and customise them with images and icons. With Linktree, you can add multiple links simultaneously and lead traffic to different platforms at once.
Here's how it looks like:
Lnk.Bo is another simple solution for adding multiple links to your Instagram bio and creating landing pages for adding clickable links. With the solution, you can also optimise your link in bio page to enhance your brand value. This tool works pretty similar to Linktree.
Native Instagram Functionality
Instagram currently allows you to put more than one link in your bio right in the app. Just start adding a link as you normally would and put up to two links.
How to Put Short URL Links to Instagram Bio
Shorby link shortener for Instagram makes the domain name look like shor.by to be used in bio. However, you can change it and replace it with your custom domain name.
What's more, you can leverage the tracking pixels and analytics along with the shortened link. Auto communication with your customers such as chats, auto sending an email, or automatic calls, are also available.
Bitly is one of the most popular URL shorteners on the market that allows you to create short links for free with minimum steps required from you. To shorten your URL, you only need to register, and then you're free to create a limitless amount of links. Whenever you use Bitly, you automatically create a tracking and analysis page for this link.
Strategies to Efficiently Use Link in Instagram Bio
Now that you know how to put a link in Instagram bio, let’s see how you can use it (or them) to promote your Instagram page and business as a whole:
- Promote a current deal or an upcoming sale. Take users to a page where they can buy things exclusively with your Instagram offer.
- Announce a product launch. Lead users to a page that tells about your new product along with the launch date and special event details.
- Tell more about your brand or product with the About page. Instagram bio is limited in terms of characters, so if you want to highlight your product or company, use a multilink solution — native or third-party — with one of the links being the About page.
- Lead followers to your bestselling products. Pick up several bestsellers and take your audience to them.
- Share a popular blog post or one of the latest pieces you’ve published. Whenever you publish a new article, review, tutorial, or anything else, share a link to it in your Instagram bio and stories to provide greater readership.
- Take people to a video or podcast you want to promote. Just like with blog content, promote your YouTube videos, webinars, or podcasts among your Instagram followers with the bio link.
- Offer a free sample or demo of your product. Share a link to a page where people can sign up to get a free sample or demo. This will help you grab valuable leads, for people will fill out the form with their contact information.
Instagram Link in Bio: FAQ
🟣Why is my link not clickable?
The reason why your Instagram bio link cannot be clicked is that you must've added it to the bio field of your Instagram profile, not the dedicated Links field.
If that's not the case, then it must be the so-called “bio link not clickable” issue that might occur for multiple reasons:
- Your Instagram app isn't updated to the latest version.
- The Internet connection is lost.
- The page you're linking to doesn't exist, cannot be displayed correctly or fails to load.
- Instagram blocked your link in bio.
🟣Why does Instagram block my link in bio, and how to fix it?
In case your link was blocked, remove it from your Instagram bio in order to lift the ban.
Leave the URL field empty for some time. If some of your actions were limited due to the ban, don’t add a new link until all types of activity are fully available to use for you again. If the activity wasn’t restricted, it’s still recommended to wait at least half an hour before adding a new link.
Before you post a new URL, check with the information on the allowed and forbidden types of bio links above.
💡Suggested read: Why Instagram Blocked Your Link in Bio and How to Fix It
🟣How do you copy an Instagram bio link?
Open the Instagram profile whose link you want to copy into the mobile app. Then tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Copy profile URL from the menu.